Do you enjoy working with your hands and learning new, valuable skills?
Would you love a work culture where you are valued & treated like family?
Are you looking to launch a promising career with a well-established, essential business?
Then come join the thriving team at S & D Plumbing!
S & D Plumbing is currently searching for a talented and motivated individual to join our team in the Plumber Apprentice position. If you’re looking for a promising career with a great company that offers competitive pay and attractive benefits, you’ve come to the right place.
Who we are:
We are S & D Plumbing, a family-owned and operated residential plumbing company that is well known for providing service beyond expectation in the Austin, TX area since 1980! We treat each customer and team member with the respect they deserve, and we demonstrate integrity in all that we do.
What we offer:
· Competitive wage ($16-$27 per hour depending on experience and department)
· Never work on Sundays and only work one rotating Saturday per month
· Weekly paycheck
· Monthly and per-job bonus opportunities (depending on department)
· Generous referral bonus opportunity
· Christmas bonus
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Health Savings Account
· Paid life insurance
· Simple IRA with company match
· Weekly occupational and skills-based training
· Industry-leading software, tablets, and technology
· State of the art tools, parts, and plumbing supplies
· Ogio and Carhartt uniforms and apparel
· Paid time off
· 5 paid holidays
· Parental leave
· Monthly gym membership allowance
· Quarterly company events (e.g. - fishing trip, pool party, Christmas party)
· Volunteer opportunities including Meals on Wheels and Midnight Basketball
· Install, repair, assemble and maintain plumbing fixtures in water, drainage, and heating systems
· Route pipe using elbows, couplings, and other fittings
· Operate basic hand tools including pipe wrenches, meter keys, tube cutters, etc.
· Assist licensed plumbers in their daily responsibilities and tasks
· Learn and adhere to local plumbing codes and regulations
· Apprentice card (we’ll help you apply if you don’t have one)
· Prior experience in plumbing, HVAC, electrical, welding, etc. (preferred but not required)
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Enjoy working with your hands (mechanically inclined)
· An open mind and willingness to learn new skills
· You do the right thing when no one is looking (integrity)
· Maintain a clean and professional appearance
· Ability to pass all required background checks and drug tests
What our team members are saying about us:
“I love being an S & D apprentice because I learn something new every day and know that I’m in a career path with limitless potential. Join the team, you won’t regret it!” – Barrett, Apprentice
“S & D Plumbing is a great place to work. The company culture is stellar, the bonus opportunities are generous, and I have a lot of creative freedom in my work!” - Brad, Director of Marketing
Learn more about us:
We are excited that you are considering a career at S & D Plumbing! Get to know us better by visiting https://sanddplumbing.com/about-us/. We look forward to reviewing your application!